Job Title: Reservations Agent
Market: Director of Sales
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Primary Objective: To provide assistance to customers booking tours and activities.
Job Summary: The primary function of the reservations agent is to answer inbound sales calls and place orders for customers. They are to offer suggestions to customers who are unsure what they would like to do as well as be able to upsell additional tours or packages as available. Agents will also be responsible for taking credit card payments via an online processing site. Lastly, agents will be expected to contact vendors both to check for availability for last minute bookings but to also make sure that orders already placed are being confirmed by the vendor.
Reservation agents will also be responsible for providing customer service by answering questions, modifying or cancelling reservations and giving price quotes either by Live Chat, email or inbound calls. Agents may be requested to attend educational events or meetings however, this is primarily a remote office position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service and assist customers with finding the activity that best fits their needs.
- Actively sell different tours and activities to customers that both call in and contact us via the chat feature on the website.
- Have the ability to multitask and be able to both talk on the phone with customers while conversing with another customer via chat.
- Agents are expected to keep up with order confirmations and call vendors when necessary to get orders for mutual customers confirmed.
- Agents are expected to be able to use basic problem solving techniques to help customers that call with issues or complaints and know when to turn these over to their supervisor.
- Keep up with conversation in a chat setting (Skype Chat) and share information when needed.
- Provide support to partners as needed.
- Effectively communicate website errors, glitches, inventory issues, etc. to the Manager on Duty when issues are found.
- Proficiently use the TripShock website, extranet, Live Chat and other required programs.
- Read and understand listing information including locations, restrictions, cancellation policies and refund policies.
- Calculate refunds and order modifications when prices change or an order is cancelled.
- Must have home internet and phone.
- Must have a working cell phone for text messaging vendors or team members should the need arise.
- Ability to type at least 50 words per minute.
- Demonstrate experience in custom computer software with potential to learn as updates occur.
- Ability to multitask and use several screens and/or programs at the same time.
- General understanding of online travel applications and services.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to attend employee education days.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 25 hours per week.
- Positive problem solving attitude
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk; occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee is occasionally required to sit for extended periods of time. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to twenty pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to thirty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and adjust focus. The work environment is primarily an indoor setting.
This will be an hourly position plus commission paid biweekly. Commission is half a percent for each completed order to be paid the following month.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to [email protected]